THE REACH PROGRAM
Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with the Owatonna Middle School REACH program. REACH provides students facing adversity with an innovative space for them to succeed. These students have high academic potential, but face obstacles in their lives. Big Brothers Big Sisters provides each REACH student with a one-to-one mentor & friend. According to research about childhood trauma, all of the risk factors for adverse childhood experiences can be offset by one thing: the presence of a stable, caring adult in a child's life. That's where YOU come in.
HOW IT WORKS
- Complete an interview so we can match you with your perfect REACH Little.
- Meet your Little two Tuesdays a month for about 30 minutes.
- You will receive the year's schedule before starting.
- Commit to 2 academic years.
- There's nothing you need to prepare when you meet your Little—just show up!
“Even in 30 minutes a couple times a month, you can have a huge impact in a child’s life. After just a few meetings, my REACH Little and I built a great relationship.”
- Anni Yule, REACH Big