You don't have to be a Big to defend the potential of local youth. There are many ways to support the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Non-mentoring volunteers play a vital role in Big Brothers Big Sisters' success by offering their talents to promote the agency, recruit supporters, and assist with events. You can help! We know that word-of-mouth referrals are the number one reason others decide to get involved. Here are a few ways non-mentoring volunteers can stand with Big Brothers Big Sisters:
- Invite Big Brothers Big Sisters staff to speak at your workplace, community organization, an event you host, or your place of worship
- Create a team for the next Bowl for Kids' Sake
- Serve on a Big Brothers Big Sisters committee
- Help with promoting and organizing Big Brothers Big Sisters events
- Post flyers or information about BBBS at local businesses and community organizations
- Word-of-mouth referals are the #1 reason people become Bigs—share about BBBS with your friends, family, and coworkers
- Write about your BBBS experiences in your employee/school/church newsletter
- Anything else that aligns with your talents and the BBBS mission
If you want to become a non-mentoring volunteer or have any questions, please contact Megan at 507-414-0308 or [email protected].