Get Adobe Flash player
Stay in the Know
Send us an email or call 507-414-0309 to receive our quarterly newsletter, either via mail or email.
Our Mentoring Works
Research shows the positive effect that our one-to-one mentoring programs have on a child’s life. Read on >
Check out our Activites Calendar.
Match Support Specialist Job Description
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Minnesota is a dynamic mentoring agency that provides youth with professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships. We are currently seeking a full-time Match Support Specialist to work in our Faribault office. This position has the primary responsibility of supporting the match relationship between an adult volunteer (Big) and child (Little) to maintain the highest standards of child safety and to promote a long-term and impactful relationship. To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Michelle Redman: email@example.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Continually monitors the match relationship focusing on: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction.
· Assesses and provides information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and a successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
· Exhibits high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge.
· Ensures quality services, measurable outcomes and maintains accurate and timely records for each match.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences (or related field) required.
· Minimum of one-year experience managing volunteers, preferred.
· Previous experience with child and/or adult relationship dynamics; professional familiarity with child development issues and/or family issues, preferred.
· Ability to establish rapport with children and adults from diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to initiate, organize priorities and recognize tasks in need of completion with minimal supervision.
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail.
· Must be proficient with personal computers and software applications.
© 2011 Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Minnesota, 545 Dunnell Drive, Owatonna, MN 55060, 507-451-5922
Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Big Brothers Big Sisters logo, and Start Something are service marks of Big Brothers
Big Sisters of America, Inc. (BBBSA) and are used under a license from BBBSA. All rights reserved.