Position Title: Fund Development Coordinator
Department: Development Location: Owatonna, MN
Reports to: Executive Director Number of People to Supervise: 0
Primary Purpose of Position
Devise, implement and manage a comprehensive Fund Development Plan that focuses on increasing the number of individual & corporate donors giving repeatable, unrestricted and/or budget relieving gifts in all counties that we serve.
Essential Job Functions
The Fund Development Coordinator must have the ability to:
- Communicate the BBBS’ vision, mission, and values to the public.
- Develop, and implement a written plan for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding potential donors (both individual and corporate) capable of giving $100 to $50,000 or more annually.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects by;
- Developing and implementing written strategies based on capacity and readiness to give
- Make 10 to 15 visits per month to perspective donors.
- Develop a cultivation and solicitation calendar as part of the plan.
- Conduct yearly review and assessment of annual giving program, making adjustments as necessary
- Work with Executive Director to set annual goals. Meet all annual giving, acquisition and retention goals.
- Support the Executive Director’s major gift work with top prospects.
- Be a key part of the agency’s major events (Evening for Kid’s Sake, Bowl For Kids’ Sake, Big Cup, etc.) by scheduling; reserving /setting-up locations, rooms and/or equipment; securing sponsors and large donor items; and ensuring major givers are in attendance.
- Develop and lead committees for each fundraiser.
- Responsible for solicitation of gifts from current or potential donors and sponsors for fundraising events, whether it is monetary or in kind gifts , regardless of the size of the ask.
- Participate as an active member of the leadership team by attending all meetings, keeping team members informed of key details, completing assigned responsibilities and helping keep programs and events running smoothly.
- Implement a planned giving program.
- Research grants that are a good fit for our programs; write grants and grant reviews.
- Follow safe practices in all work activities to avoid injuries and accidents.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Supervision of Others
No direct supervision.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Four year college degree required.
- Three to five year proven track record in fund development and/or sales, with an emphasis on individual giving preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, emphasizing the ability to listen and hear others.
- Ability to take on new challenges and are self-motivated.
- Strong sense of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and work collaboratively to inspire, motivate and focus internal and external team members to the agreed upon goals of the agency.
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and writing skills
- Results oriented approach
- Marketing and website management skills and experience preferred.
- Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, Power Point skills essential. Publisher or other design program skills preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Minnesota provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
American with Disabilities Act
Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Minnesota may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification, it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Michelle Redman via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.